This challenge began on June 1st, but I’m jumping in a little late! I’ve never participated in one of the Semi-Charmed reading challenges before so I’m excited to see what it’s like! Feel free to join with me 🙂
- The challenge will run from June 1, 2016, to August 31, 2016. No books that are started before 12 a.m. on June 1 or finished after 11:59 p.m. on August 31 will count.
- Each book must be at least 150 pages long. Audiobooks and large-print books are fine, as long as the regular print version meets the length requirement.
- A book can only be used for one category and each category can only be completed once.
- The highest possible total is 200 points and the first five people who finish the challenge will be invited to contribute a category for the winter 2016 challenge.
- Freebie! Read any book at least 150 pages long. 5 points.
- Read a collection of short stories or essays. 10 points.
- Read an adult fiction book written by an author who normally writes books for children. 10 points.
- Read a book set in Appalachia. 15 points.
- Read a book with a cover that you personally find unappealing. 15 points.
- Read a book that you have previously only seen the film (movie) of. 20 points.
- Read a book with a punny title. 25 points.
- Read a microhistory. 30 points.
- Read one book with a good word in the title and one with a bad word. 30 points.
- Read two books that contain the same word in the title, but once in the singular and once in the plural. 40 points.
Check out the challenge with more details here!
Are you planning on participating in this book challenge?